- Veterinary medicine is constantly growing, being valued at 50,9 billion dollars in 2020.
– The US animal health market is estimated to account for one third of the world market, generating around $ 10 billion in sales per year *.
– There is a considerable increase in the incidence of zoonotic transmitted by food worldwide *, with special consideration in multi-resistant strains of bacteria, which are reducing conventional treatments.
– The increase in the prevalence of diseases added to the COVID pandemic, has prompted companies to produce vaccines and advanced pharmaceutical products, and governments to generate initiatives that promote animal health products and control the use of antibiotics *.
– Increase in the number of companies that make constant efforts to control the risks of contamination by pathogens and food-borne diseases.
– The new global context generated investments of USD $ 6.9 billion for new treatments for animals, such as vaccines, food additives and antimicrobials *.
* AHI, 2018; OIE, 2019. *CDC, 2020 *OMS, 2020 *FDA, 2020 *AgFounder, 2019.